First Time User?
How do I use AskAcademic?
- Click where it indicates you can ask your question.
- Another webpage will open for you to provide information about yourself and your question. Please fill out the form, then type in your question and click on the "Chat Now" button.
- The next available librarian will connect to you and send you a greeting.
- The librarians may send you links to web pages, articles from proprietary databases, or file attachments that will assist you with your question.
- To view a web site, if they do not automatically open on your computer, simply click on the link in the chat area. This will open a new browser window or tab to display the site.
- When you're finished working with the librarian, you can receive a copy of your transcript if you click on the "Print/Email" button.
How do I get a transcript?
You may wish to save the transcript of your AskAcademic session. There are two ways to do this:
- Prior to clicking on Close Screen, click on the Print/Email button in the left-hand portion of the screen. This will take you to a screen that will allow you to print your transcript or where you can enter your email address to have your transcript emailed to you. Your email spam blocker or email filter may filter email. To insure receipt of your AskAcademic transcripts, please set up your email account to allow email from: email@example.com.
- You may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the date and time of your session as well as the question you asked. This will help locate the correct transcript. This will then be emailed to you.